Our Management Team
Ms. Brownfield is the founder of PREA Auditors of America and brings to the Company 30 years of experience and knowledge in the legal field with a focus on corporate business, finance, and securities. It is with this knowledge that Ms. Brownfield has successfully grown PAOA into one of the industry’s leading audit firms. Ms. Brownfield holds many roles within the company, she primarily manages the day to day business operations as well as legal compliance, risk management, financial, and tax matters.
Jule started his career in corrections in 1982 and retired as a Major in 2009 at the Harris County Sheriff’s Office, which is the 3rd largest jail system in the United States. As a Major, he managed and operated all jail facilities, operations, and support services which housed a combined population of approximately ±11,000 inmates. He also managed, employed and supported approximately 1,800 employees. Jule was entrusted with oversight of the security and day to day operations with duties that consisted of but was not limited to include, review, update, implement and enforce policies with regard to compliance with federal, state, and county standards for the care, custody, and control of inmates. In addition, Jule:
- Directed and managed investigations and jail commission inspections
- Conducted security, policy and procedure audits and assessments
- Managed all jail operations regarding care, custody and control and employee staffing and disciplinary issues
- Prepare annual budgets in excess of ±125 million dollars
In 2009, 2010 and 2011 Jule directed the National Corrections Training Center in Iraq and consulted as a Senior Corrections International advisor with the Department of Justice for their International Criminal Investigative Training Assistance Program. Jule also advised senior Iraqi counterparts that were key officials in the Iraqi Corrections Service- Ministry of Justice in regards to prison and jail operations, which included operations training, staffing, and security and policy audits.
From January 2013 to June 2018, Jule has held the position as the Director of Detention Operations for a Texas County Sheriff’s Office and is tasked with managing and operating all jail facilities, their operations, and support services which have a maximum housing capacity of approximately 1,800 inmates and employ and support approximately 400 employees. Policy implementation, operational organization, policy audits and attention to detail are key elements to successfully managing this facility. PREA audit certification was first in the State of Texas. With his experience, he will oversee, coordinate and expedite your PREA Audit to a successful conclusion.
- McKendree College, Lebanon, Illinois Bachelor’s Degree in Speech Communications-Teaching Certificate
- The University of Houston, Houston, Texas – 12 hours in Public Administration (Graduate Level)
- Harris County Basic Peace Officer Course – 450 hours
- Houston Police Academy, Sam Houston State University Basic Police Training
- American Jail Association
- Texas Jail Association
- American Correctional Association
- Texas Jail Commission